Saturday, 1 April 2017

Weekly Reading


Hello all!

I've been a little MIA lately. The combination of school and my upcoming graduation (aka entrance into "real world") and general anxiety has been taking it's toll. But I'm back to give you some of my favourite links from around the web these past few weeks. 

Also, I booked my flight home from Halifax last week. I sat in the library trying with all of my might not to burst into tears. Sure, I'm consistently at an ulcer-inducing point of stress and I was due for my period, but that is besides the point. I love Halifax. I love my friends. I love my school - though, let's be real. I could not be more ready to be finished with academics, at least for now (and the foreseeable future...). Also, where the hell is spring? I am ready for lighter jackets. Although, it is exciting to still hear warnings of snow days. 

Hollywood Stylists I really love seeing the person behind celebrity looks. Some clientele lists are so varying that I wonder how the stylist manages to bounce back and forth - but then again, that is their job. How cool would it be to pick out couture outfits for an Oscar campaign?

Ava DuVernay I hope that if you haven't heard of her yet, you will within a short time. She is best known right now for directing Selma and has the adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time coming out in 2018 (starring two of my absolute favourites, Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon). How awesome is it to see Ava as number six on a list of the World's Greatest Leaders? Keep on ruling, Ava. You are a badass. 

Teal Kitchen I mean, how gorgeous is this kitchen? Proof that not every inspiring space needs to be a million square feet. 

Moving As someone obsessed with real estate and New York, I am so excited to see the outcome of Grace's move to Brooklyn. Also, her dress is so cute.

Julia's House Her Charleston home is a stunner. It is just incredibly lovely now so the post-renovation state will be one to look out for! 

Tie Sweater I had this sweater in my shopping cart for days, trying to decide whether or not to hit "continue". I thought about the red but waited too late and had to settle for the Faded Peri. Still beautiful! I have a dark wash of the Billie Boot Crop that I love and decided to get another pair in a lighter wash while it was on sale.

Fudge Brownies Okay, these are very fudgey. I made them out of desperation (hahahaha) last week and they did not disappoint. Highly recommended if you need a quick little pick-me-up. 

IKEA It's probably by now a universal acceptance that IKEA will be the main source of furnishings for any young person. Do you think you'd keep some of these beyond a certain age?

Phone Curfew I've been thinking about getting an actual radio alarm clock since I left home nearly six years ago. Obviously in saying that, it means that I haven't. Seeing as it is just sooo easy to ignore good conscience to stay up an hour longer than intended to creep on Instagram or stay in bed thirty minutes longer in the morning scrolling through newsfeeds, it wouldn't be a bad idea to actually do it. Who really needs that extra social information intake?

Photo via Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)