Sunday, 12 March 2017

Weekly Reading


Did you have a nice week? I had a pretty good one. On Tuesday, I went with a few roommates to see Moonlight. It was a great two hours, but I left with a long list of questions. There were so many lovely posts on Wednesday about IWD! I don't have any red shirts or sweaters, but I made sure to put on a swipe of red lipstick for the day. Today we spring ahead! Not going to lie, I slept in until 10 this morning... I think, though, that as I get 'older' I appreciate the extra hours of sun we get. I really notice a positive change in my mood around this time of year. The daylight especially helps when it feels like -22°C... Final exams start four weeks tomorrow. I have a plethora of mixed emotions about that fact so I'll just leave it at that and give you some links I've enjoyed from around the web this week! 

Thoughts on Knockoffs This is such an interesting topic to discuss. Loved that Jackie brought it up!

Reese Witherspoon in Big Little Lies I finally got around to watching the first episode and love it. But I especially love this piece in Vulture about why Reese's performance in BLL is important and why it should stop being compared to Tracey Flick. I hope her role (and the show as a whole) can act as a catalyst in moving forward with age-blind projects.

Chrissy Teigen If you've ever visited her Twitter page, you know she's hilarious. But you wouldn't know from it that she suffered from postpartum depression. 

Mary-Kate and Ashley I love reading the few interviews that they do. They are so elusive yet always have a sense of familiarity about them because of their previous life as child actors. Though I'm far from the first to say it, they've done such a badass job of transforming themselves into fashion leaders. If I could afford it, I'd buy everything from Elizabeth and James!

Toronto Housing Considering I'm likely to move to Toronto at some point after graduation, this makes my stomach drop. Finding an affordable apartment is almost scarier than job searching at this point.

Julia in Yellow I absolutely fell head over heels for this yellow top on Julia. The sleeves, the vibrance! So lovely. I don't know how I'd feel about those sleeves on me, but the looks is encouraging me to give it a try (I have the blouse waiting in my shopping cart right now...). 

An Article en Fran├žais et English I wouldn't advise trying to read this unless you are semi-bilingual, but it's a funny read. It honestly made me feel a little sick at the start because my brain hasn't worked that hard between languages in a while, but I loved it once I was adjusted. 

Lemon Cupcakes My house had a potluck last night and I, of course, contributed a dessert. As much as I love chocolate, I felt we needed a fresher, more lively flavour. these lemon cupcakes did just the trick!

On Travelling Alone It's always nice to share an experience with someone, but I wholeheartedly agree with this piece. Everyone really should try travelling by themselves at least once. I love being able to do whatever I want and just feel free!

Have a lovely week!

Image via Unsplash

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)