Saturday, 24 October 2015

One Year

Well buddy, it's been a year without you.

I remember getting the call from dad this day last year and knowing right away what he was about to tell me. I don't remember the conversation too well. I was sobbing too hard and had too many thoughts racing through my mind. There was no way (still is no way) for me to picture life without you. My best friend and cuddle buddy, always by my side no matter how long it had been since I was last home.
I hope that you know how badly I wish I could have been there and that I had seen you before it got bad. I never imagined that it would not have been me there with you when the time came. But mostly, I want you to know how lucky I am to have had you. I'm sorry I left so many times and that you maybe thought I was never coming back - then treating me like a Queen when we saw each other again. Thanks for staying with me when I was sick or sad or mad or happy. Thanks for listening and being the best therapy. Thanks for jumping up and down on me when I came home from a four month period away or forty minutes. Thanks for trying to scare off strangers with your tiny (but loud) bark.  Thanks for going with car rides with me. Thanks for going on walks with me even when I'm sure you'd rather be chasing cars along the fence without a leash. Thanks for being goofy and providing the best comic relief. Thank you for lavishing me in kisses and curling up beside me whether I was doing homework or watching a movie or even trying to workout, clearly to no avail, in the basement. Thank you for being the best dog. 
But most of all, thank you for showing me unconditional love. Thank you for being my best friend.

I hope that wherever you are, you are living the full life you could not have with us.

Love you and miss you always, my sweet Boston.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!! Thanks for visiting :)